We Invest in Our People
Being in it for the long haul means an ongoing commitment to learning, evolving and growing.
That’s why we offer our employees a variety of ways to sharpen their skills and achieve their goals — on the jobsite and in the office.
Job rotations and technical training
Mentoring, shadowing and networking
Keeping up in our rapidly evolving industry is essential to staying competitive. These programs are available to all Blach employees to help them meet and exceed their professional goals.
- Job rotations provide valuable insight into other departments and disciplines and round out skillsets
- Mentoring programs allow seasoned professionals to share their experience and newer employees to learn first-hand
- Shadowing enables on-the-job learning and knowledge-sharing and raises awareness and understanding
- Networking at local, regional and national levels increases visibility and enhances perspective
- Conferences, seminars and classes support ongoing education across diverse and current topics and trends
- Blach University is our in-house training program for all employees. Designed to develop the whole person, it offers classes focusing on a wide range of subjects, including technical construction classes, as well as personal and professional development classes. Learn public speaking and presentation skills, management training, technical project management skills, construction software, safety training and more
- Develop life skills and strategies for personal and financial well-being
- Take a class or lead a class if you have valuable knowledge and experience to share
Project Engineer Training
For interns, students and recent grads, we offer comprehensive training to best set expectations and provide tools for success on the job.
- Intern Development: Interns meet throughout the summer to learn construction skills, build relationships with fellow interns, and take field trips to several Blach jobsites
- PE Boot Camp: A fun, two-day crash course designed to fully prepare new Project Engineers and PE Interns to start work on a Blach project
- Beyond Boot Camp: A must for all new Project Engineers, this two-year program is a great, team-building training experience that provides a deeper dive into the PE role at Blach